Wednesday 13 April 2016

Lava creature

So for this assignment I had to create a monster but make it involved with lava. I wanted to be very different compared to everyone else doing this assignment so I started looking at witch doctors because lava and witch doctors and not things people associate with each others.

I started my research: 




All of the reference was amazing how ever as a started sketching I realised the difficulty of what I had just done. How could I make a living witch doctor that is consumed with lava?

That when I decided that it was going to be a head less witch doctor (lol dead seriously, I don't know how I got that in mind but anywho.)

this was the sketch: 

I gave him his spell casting weapon, notice how the weapon has eyes, I was thinking maybe the stick could be his eyes and ears but then again he would be very dangerous if  took his sick out of his hand... So I still don't know I'll let the viewer decided for themselves.

This was the finally design, I like it. don't know how I feel about the second one. maybe that could be the way he lights up when it's dark or how he looks when he's angry but either way the second one was me trying effects out.




No comments:

Post a Comment